Make Mine Chocolate! Rabbit – Eagle Candy Fundraiser
Easter is on April 1, 2018 and many people buy bunnies for their children.
Before considering the purchase of a bunny as a pet, here are the reasons not to:
- Rabbits are not “low-maintenance” pets. They need as much care and devotion as dogs and cats.
- Most children lose interest in a live bunny after only a few weeks.
- Rabbits need regular veterinary care by a vet with additional training in exotics.
- Rabbits have an average lifespan of 8-14 years.
- Rabbits must have an adult as their primary caregiver.
- Rabbits are the third most frequently surrendered animal at shelters, and the third most euthanized.
- According to an ASPCA study, rabbits are more expensive to own than cats or guinea pigs — coming just after dogs in expense.
This Easter, don’t buy or adopt a bunny on impulse. Alternatives to live animals are plush bunnies, chocolate bunnies or books about bunnies make great gifts.
With that in mind, can we tempt you to buy a chocolate bunny?
Place your order NOW for your Make Mine Chocolate! hand-poured chocolate bunnies for all of your Easter baskets and parties! A portion of the cost of your order will support LOCAL Spay/Neuter efforts for rescued rabbits in Central Ohio.
Please pay in advance for your order (cash or check made payable to OPC).
On behalf of Columbus House Rabbit Society, Ohio Pet Charities, and Ohio House Rabbit Rescue, we thank you for your purchase. A special thanks to Eagle Family Candy Company for making this Make Mine Chocolate! event possible.